Affinity One Security Solutions
Tel 08000 336 999 Specialist in Burglar
Alarms, CCTV and Security Solutions
Affinity One Security Solutions Health and Safety Responsibilities
We as a company follow all Health and Safety Standards when installing our AlarmSystems, Security and CCTV. All our staff are trained to the highest standard in safety and will follow the best practices when installing and handling all wiring and security devices.
HEALTH and SAFETY POLICY
Affinity One Security Solutions as a company have responsibilities for the health and safety of their employees when carrying out their duties of installing Burglar Alarms, CCTV and Security Systems. We are also responsible for any visitors to our premises such as customers, suppliers and the general public and have a duty of care responsibility to our customers in their premises. When installing Security Systems we recognise that to when we carry out Burglar Alarm or CCTV installations
It is essential that the installation is undertaken in a safe and proper manner
The Health and Safety at Work Act
Affinity One Security Solutions recognises the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 is the primary piece of legislation covering our work-related health and safety in the United Kingdom. We recognise our employer’s responsibilities for our engineers health and safety at work.
Affinity One Security Solutions also accept that the Health and Safety Executive is responsible for enforcing health and safety at work.
Affinity One Security Solutions has a 'duty of care' to look after, as far as possible, our staff and engineers health, safety and welfare while they are at work. We undertake a Risk Assessment when surveying any Burglar Alarm, CCTV or any Security Systems that we install. This is carried out at survey stage but our engineers also assess the workplace situation prior to starting their Intruder Alarm, CCTV or Security Installation with a risk assessment to spot possible health and safety hazards.
Affinity One Security Solutions have appointed Roger Furness who is competent person with health and safety experience and responsibilities.
DUTY OF CARE IN PRACTICE
Please see below the duty of care carried out by Affinity One Security Solutions when undertaking their Burglar Alarm, CCTV and Security Installations.
1. Make the workplace safe
2. prevent risks to health
3. Ensure that plant and machinery is safe to use, and that safe working practices are set up and followed
4. Make sure that all materials are handled, stored and used safely
5. Provide adequate first aid facilities
6. Tell you about any potential hazards from the work you do, chemicals and other substances used by the firm, and give you information, instructions, training and supervision as needed
7. Set up emergency plans
8. Make sure that ventilation, temperature, lighting, and toilet, washing and rest facilities all meet health, safety and welfare requirements
9. Check that the right work equipment is provided and is properly used and regularly maintained
10. Prevent or control exposure to substances that may damage your health
11. Take precautions against the risks caused by flammable or explosive hazards, electrical equipment, noise and radiation
12. Avoid potentially dangerous work involving manual handling and if it can't be avoided, take precautions to reduce the risk of injury
13. Provide health supervision as needed
14. Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge if risks can't be removed or adequately controlled by any other means
15. Ensure that the right warning signs are provided and looked after
16. Report certain accidents, injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences to either the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or the local authority, depending on the type of business
MAKING THE WORKPLACE SAFE AND HEALTHY
Affinity One Security Solutions office premises provides a safe and healthy place to work and carry out the following.
Make sure that workplaces are properly ventilated, with clean and fresh air
1. Keep temperatures at a comfortable level - a minimum of 13 degrees C where the work involves physical activity or 16 degrees C for 'sedentary' workplaces eg offices but there's no maximum limit
2. Light the premises so that employees can work and move about safely
3. Keep the workplace and equipment clean
4. Ensure that workrooms are big enough to allow easy movement with at least
5. 11 cubic metres per person
6. Provide workstations to suit the employees and the work
7. Keep the workplace and equipment in good working order
8. Make floors, walkways, stairs, roadways etc safe to use
9. Protect people from falling from height or into dangerous substances
10. Store things so they are unlikely to fall and cause injuries
11. Fit openable windows, doors and gates with safety devices if needed
12. Provide suitable washing facilities and clean drinking water
13. Provide somewhere for employees to get changed and to store their own clothes
14. Set aside areas for rest breaks and to eat meals, including suitable facilities for pregnant women and nursing mothers
15. Let employees take appropriate rest breaks and their correct holiday entitlement
16. Make sure that employees who work alone, or off-site, can do so safely and healthily
Affinity One Security Solutions 08000 336 999 for all your Home or Commercial Burglar Alarm,CCTV,Door Entry or Security requirements.